Saturday, April 17
The News & Observer is holding it's annual food drive to support the Food Bank of Central & Eastern North Carolina. On this day you'll be able to purchase a special $1 Feed the Need edition of The N&O from volunteers at area Bojangles' and Harris Teeter stores. Of that, .75 cents of each paper will go directly to the Food Bank.
In only three years, Feed The Need has raised more than $167,000 and collected nearly 40,000 lbs. of food. In total, that translates to approximately 670,000 meals to those in need. For every dollar received, The Food Bank can provide four meals at approx. $8ea to 34-counties through 5 branch warehouses in Durham, Greenville, Raleigh, Sandhills & Wilmington.
READY TO STEP UP TO THE PLATE? In addition to donating food, toiletries, baby and paper products, use any of these 10 different ways to show support:
- purchase the special edition of The N&O on Feed the Need day
- donate from the overstock that results from savvy shopping trips
- shopping at Harris Teeter through April 17th and leave a donation inside the store
- help fill the truck at their Crescent Commons location in Cary
- make a online donation using the Food bank's Virtual Tool
- be a volunteer at one of the Bojangle's or Harris Teeter locations
- host a mini food drive at your company/school. Youth groups, and organizations are always welcomed to participate
- making monetary donations online or by sending a check payable to Food Bank of Central & Eastern NC, 3808 Tarheel Drive, Raleigh, NC 27609
- helping to spread the word by encouraging friends and family to get involved
- following us on Twitter so you can Find A Better Bargain on your tax-deductible donation