To cut savings on utilities many people have gone from having a landline phone to just using a cell phone. This is understandable because of the many deals you get on long distance servicing, internet options and unlimited minutes. But, how do you determine if switching off your landline is the best for you? The following are some tips and advice to consider:
It's a good idea if:
It's a bad idea if:
Additional tips to help you maximize savings should you choose to go with only a cellphone provider:
- Do the math on your billing. Many plans charge additional fees for texting and web, look for unlimited plans.
- Get discounts by combining your family into the family plan specials that companies offer.
- If you need to use 411 services DON'T pay for them. Dial 1 - 800 - 466 - 4411 for FREE.
- You can compare plans by checking myrateplan.com, lowermybills.com and billshrink.com.
- Forget buying phone insurance. They carry huge deductibles that may cost just as much as purchasing a new phone.